I love this summer dinner. Grilled fresh veggies combined with lime and cumin give it a ton of flavor–no sugary or fattening sauce necessary. Use whole grain pasta and a lean cut of beef to keep it healthy.
serves 4; 40 min total
From Woman’s Day
8 oz multigrain or whole-wheat penne
8 oz lean boneless sirloin steak
1/2 tsp each ground cumin, salt and pepper
3 medium poblano chili peppers, halved and seeded (optional)
1 ear fresh corn, husked
1 medium sweet onion, sliced 1/2 in. thick
2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
1tbs olive oil
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water as package directs. Drain; rinse under cold water and drain again. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Heat outdoor grill. Rub steak with 1/4 tsp each of the cumin, salt and pepper. Coat steak, peppers, corn and onion with nonstick spray.
- Grill steak 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, for medium-rare. Remove to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Grill peppers, corn and onion 8 to 10 minutes, turning as needed until lightly charred and tender.
- Cut peppers and onion into bite-size pieces and cut corn off cob; add to bowl with pasta. Slice steak thinly against the grain and add to bowl.
- Add remaining cumin, salt and pepper and remaining ingredients to bowl; toss to mix and coat
Nutritional Information (per serving)